Congestive Heart Failure
Congestive Heart Failure is the inability of your heart to pump blood properly to the rest of the body or to fill properly with blood returning from the lungs.
Some of the symptoms you may experience are the following:
- Bloating or feeling full due to excess fluid in the abdomen which can cause you to feel uncomfortably full
- Feeling tired all the time due to the lack of oxygen or poorly oxygenated blood, and can cause fatigue
- Shortness of breath which may be severe and could get worse when you lay flat due to excess fluid in the lungs
- Swelling of the legs, abdomen, ankles, or sacral area (base of the spine) due to the heart’s inability to circulate properly, which leads to fluid accumulation
- Sudden weight gain due to fluid accumulation
- Coughing or cold symptoms that lasts longer than normal due to fluid/congestion in the lungs
- Increased urination, especially at night which is the body’s attempt to get rid of excess fluid through urination
- Loss of appetite – by living with a chronic illness and fullness in the abdomen, the appetite can be dulled
Heart Healthy Activities and Dining in Hopatcong
Hopatcong is a borough in Sussex County full of heart healthy options. Hike the Roland-May Eves Mountain Inlet Sanctuary Trail, which has green markers on the trees and posts in the ground at different stations to keep you on track. Explore a variety of outdoor activities on Hopatcong’s seven different Athletic fields. Try one of the healthy, plant fueled restaurants nearby such as Empower Nutrition or Twist of Thai Cafe.
Contact Advanced Cardiology & Primary Care LLC
We have 3 convenient locations to choose from: Newton, Hackettstown & Cedar Knolls. Contact the nearest office today.