Experiencing Chest Pain?
Many conditions such as heart attack, musculoskeletal injury, or acid reflux can cause chest discomfort or pain. If you experience chest pain, we can order an ECG (which takes a tracing of your heart rhythm), blood work, and various other tests that may be necessary to rule out a heart attack and help us get to the root of your chest pain. As an internal medicine physician, we are able to manage most heart-related conditions. Seeing a specialist is not always needed, but if a specialist’s opinion seems necessary, we can certainly refer you to one.
(Note: if you experience severe or sudden chest pain that lasts longer than a few minutes, is associated with shortness of breath, sweating, nausea or radiates to your jaw or arms you should go to the nearest ER, rather than coming to the clinic).
At Advanced Primary Care we treat a wide array of cardiovascular symptoms:
- High cholesterol (particularly LDL cholesterol)
- High blood pressure
- Pain, weakness or discoloration of the lower legs
- Rapid changes in weight from day to day
- Shortness of breath
- weakness and/or dizziness
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Leg or ankle swelling
- Chest pain or discomfort [Note: if you are experiencing severe chest pain that lasts longer than 2 minutes, please go to the nearest emergency]
- Abnormal fatigue at rest or with exercise
- Irregular heart beat, fast or abnormally slow heart rate
Healthy Choices in Allamuchy
Allamuchy is a township in Warren County. Take in the views with a walking trail at historic Waterloo Village. The village is a restored 19th century canal town in Byram Township, Sussex County. Hike, bike, or horse ride several miles of trails throughout Allamuchy Mountain State Park.